Director & Chief of Pathology - Mount St. Mary's Hospital - New York
June 22, 2018
This Chief of Pathology position is with Mount St. Mary’s Hospital. Mount St. Mary’s Hospital is a community hospital, located in Lewiston, NY, and part of Catholic Health. The facility is seeking a full time Pathologist for an employed position. The hospital is one of five hospitals at Catholic Health in Western New York State. The facility is situated in idyllic Lewiston, NY, a nautical town with within driving distance of 40% of the US population and adjacent to the Canadian border.
KEY JOB FEATURES
· Full Time
· Competitive Salary & Benefits
· Hospital employed
· Provide clinical diagnostic laboratory services
· Provide anatomic pathology and cytology diagnostic services
· Direct blood bank and transfusion services.
· Certified by the American Board of Pathology in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology.
· Certification of qualification as a Laboratory Director form NYS Department of Health.
· Candidate must have current, unrestricted, New York State license or NYS Licensure in progress and active on date of hire
· The candidate must have current, unrestricted federal, and as needed state, prescriptive authority
ABOUT MOUNT ST. MARY’S HOSPITAL
Mount St. Mary's Hospital, a member of Catholic Health, is a 175-bed community hospital located in Lewiston, NY. Mount St. Mary’s team of healthcare professionals includes 800 employees, more than 150 physicians and 200 volunteers, working with the latest technology, the most current programming, and the very best of
care. Other facilities include the Center for Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, the Neighborhood Health Center, Primary Care Clinics, and dedicated offices for Otolaryngology, Neurology, General Surgery and
Orthopedics. Mount St. Mary's Hospital is committed to sustaining and improving the health and spirit of individuals and communities with special attention to the needs of those who are poor and vulnerable.
ABOUT CATHOLIC HEALTH IN BUFFALO
· Catholic Health has five hospitals throughout Western New York State
· Catholic Health’s network includes OBGYN, Primary care and specialty centers
· Catholic Health geographically covers two counties
· Catholic Health provides acute, outpatient and ancillary services, including Cardiac, Vascular and Orthopedic Excellence
· Catholic Health has over 8000 employees
ABOUT WESTERN NEW YORK
Buffalo is located in Western New York State and is a beautiful waterfront city that offers all four seasons with numerous outdoor recreational activities to enjoy an active lifestyle all year round. Buffalo and Western New York provide many of the large city amenities such as theater, great food, excellent schools, great cultural events, without being encumbered by high costs, traffic and overcrowding. It is currently experiencing a rebirth and revitalization, which has changed the landscape as well as the opportunities for fun.
SALARY & BENEFITS / INTERESTED APPLICANTS: Catholic Health offers competitive physician salaries and excellent benefits. Interested applicants should reply with a current CV and a cover letter (with salary requirements) to the attention of:
Dawn Hart, Physician Recruiter, Catholic Health, 144 Genesee St., Buffalo, NY 14203
No solicitations from third-party recruitment firms (retained and contingency) and locums companies.