Clinical and Forensic Toxicology and Clinical Chemistry - Hennepin County Medical Center
July 2, 2018
Hennepin Healthcare System (HHS) seeks a Medical Director of Clinical Laboratories who will participate in the Clinical Pathology/Clinical Laboratories diagnostic services and provide specific leadership for the Clinical Chemistry (CAP) and/or Clinical and Forensic Toxicology (ABFT, FUDT-CAP accredited) sections of the laboratory. The Medical Director will direct the ComAcc accredited Clinical Chemistry Program at HCMC and participate in the training/teaching programs relative to the University of Minnesota affiliation (residents/fellows and medical students).
The Medical Director may qualify for an appointment without tenure in the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology at the University of Minnesota, School of Medicine.
The Medical Director may also choose to participate in applied/transitional research through the Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation. www.mmrf.org
• PhD or MD with Board Certification in Clinical Chemistry (ABCC, CACB or ABP Chemical Pathology) and/or Toxicology (ABFT or ABCC)
• Minimum of five years’ experience
• Demonstrated leadership experience in Clinical Chemistry and/or Clinical and Forensic Toxicology
• Experience in clinical assay development and validation, quality control and quality assurance, interpretation of laboratory test results, and consultation with physicians and other health care providers
• Ability to interact with diverse employee, clinician and client populations
• Versed in applied/translational research Leadership Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and negotiate with diverse groups of people at all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and innovatively while supporting organization-wide initiatives
• Experience modeling and upholding organizational mission and values, particular with regard to health and safety
• Capable of assisting executives in defining organizational goals, critical issues and strategic plans
• Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking when addressing organizational issues
Qualified applicants should send a letter of introduction including current CV, career goals, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Fred S. Apple, PHD email@example.com
Medical Director of Clinical Laboratories, Hennepin Healthcare System Inc.
Professor, Laboratory Medicine & Pathology, University of Minnesota